HERO Program is now in San Diego
Finally, the HERO Program is now in San Diego. The HERO Programs help local economies and the environment by providing homeowners with much-needed financing for energy upgrades, renewable energy systems and water efficient home improvements. Most communities with the HERO Program have increased construction activities, created jobs, lowered utility bills, and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
The HERO Program, offers homeowners a low interest tax deductible HERO Financing for home improvements such as installing solar panels, replacing old air conditioning systems, air sealing and weatherization. Homeowners repay the loan through their property tax bill and the interest is tax deductible. Trapsun Solar is a HERO registered contractor.
The HERO Program is for Cost Savings throughout Your Home
SOME ELIGIBLE HERO PROGRAM PRODUCTS ARE:
- Renewable Energy
- Heating Cooling and Ventilation (HVAC)
- Cool Roof System and Insulation
- Air Sealing and Weatherization
- Water Heating
- Windows, Doors and Skylights
- Pool Equipment
- Pool Equipment
WHAT IS HERO PROGRAM?
The HERO program is a government sponsored loan program, administered locally by the city local governments. It is a low interest financing for renewable energy systems and water efficient products. Eligibility is not based on the homeowner’s credit scores. The HERO Financing enables homeowners to improve their home energy performance, lower their utility bills, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
HERO Financing is offered through local governments’ HERO Programs. This financing program is available to all homeowners as long as their local government has launched a HERO Program. The program offers the following:
- Quick Approvals – Applications can be approved when contractors call-in, for qualified homeowners or through the homeowner’s local HERO Program online application.
- Non-Credit Based Eligibility Criteria – Homeowners’ credit scores are not a factor in determining HERO Financing eligibility
- Low Interest Financing – HERO Financing has low interest rates that are fixed throughout the length of a homeowner’s financing term
- Easy Repayment – Homeowners repay the financing along with their property taxes
- All interest paid on the loan is tax deductible
HOW HERO PROGRAM WORKS
A homeowner in a participating community can apply for HERO Financing through a contractor or online on their local HERO Program website. Once approved, the homeowner works with their contractor to select eligible energy and water efficient products or renewable energy systems to install. The homeowner would sign Financing Documents and the contractor would start work. When work is completed, the homeowner and contractor would request HERO Financing funding. The contractor is paid through the local HERO Program. The homeowner pays back the loan through their property tax bill. This is a $0 down financing program.
- HERO Financing application is short and simple
- No minimum credit scores and property appraisals is required
- Quick approval for qualified applicants